Dental Crowns are tooth-shaped cap which is placed on the tooth to restore the shape, size, and appearance of the tooth. It also enhances the strength of the tooth. If the major part of the tooth is missing, then the crown is the best solution for it. By placing the crown, a tooth can function normally again.
When Is A Dental Crown Needed?
Dental crowns are used as caps on missing or fractured teeth to protect the life of your teeth. Dental Crowns are needed to:
- Protect or restore a tooth from fracturing due to an accident or trauma
- Replace a tooth that is too large for a filling
- SGet a cap over the Implant placed
- Restore the tooth on which RCT was performed
- Cover discolored, misshaped, or badly formed tooth
- Require a bridge in that case crowns are a must
What are various types of Dental Crowns?
- Metal Crowns
- Ceramic Crown